Comments : 3 Comments »
Categories : Glitter Glue Princess, Sewing
This picture says it all….
She decided that the bag the Scrabble letters came in was insufficient and took it upon herself to make a new one for us!
*Just imagine the big smile on my face right now!*
Comments : Leave a Comment »
Categories : television
The Near-Fame Experience of Being a Bravo Reality Star
So who else read this article? Anyone?
There were some interesting facts that jumped out at me:
- Most of these contestants (thinking of project runway here) don’t get much in the ways of training in how to sell and manufacture their designs, and most resultant business seems hit and miss, at least in this article, unless you are already established before going on the show. While you may have the talents, you may not have the know how – sure you can design a gown inspired by a rain gutter, but how do you mass produce this article so that it can be sold nationwide? Heidi Klum made a comment in the article about adults finding their own way in the world, but honestly, couldn’t they support a mentoring program to help with the hurdles?
- Laura Bennet’s husband had to buy back some of her pieces that were being sold by Bravo – I understand the desire to keep some of the pieces, but $13,000?!?!
- Jay didn’t take the cash prize because he wouldn’t sell out his name for a 10% cut – but… that still doesn’t explain that weird random show they did called “Project Jay”.
- Most of the contestants may have name power now, in this moment, but some still just can’t “make it work” (my apologies to Tim Gunn for that).
- The end of this article points out the brutal honesty of the fashion design biz – your name can’t be built overnight, or in a single season of a show – It takes YEARS – and when all is said and done, these people’s names will need to find a way to have longevity. I doubt it will be from the pursuant DVD sales of the shows.
Okay, I’m done with my soapbox. All this being said, I still enjoy watching the shows on Bravo, as the real talent element makes me love them more. I’ll go back to my corner and find something to dye now…