Miss Teri of the Mermaids nominated me for a Kreative Blogger Award. (This has me tearing up a bit, like winning some big thing on the tv.)
The rules state that I must now pass along the award to seven of my favorite blogs…. I want to recommend my entire google reader list, but I think that would be a bit awkward.
Here are the official rules:
1. Copy the award to your site – 2. Link to the person from whom you received the award – 3. Nominate 7 other bloggers – 4. Link to those on your blog – 5. Leave a message on the blogs you nominated.
After looking backwards through the lists, quite a few of my favs are on the list already. So here are my additions, in no particular favorite order.
- Frank Notes – Frank has had some very trying times and grand celebrations over the last year, and a bunch of the women on sewing mamas have backed him all the way. Yes, he sews, and he sews beautifully… and, he makes gorgeous cakes! He writes so eloquently that you feel how much he is in the moment. His is one of the first blogs I check on every day, just to see his son and what is new in his life…
- A Moveable Feast – She dyes, she weaves… She makes beautiful fibre works of art. She inspires me.
- Joe Pastry – a guy who bakes, and he takes us with him every step of the way! While I never blog about baking, I do blog a teeny bit about work, which is all about baking now with my new job. It’s hard for me to want to do serious baking at home when I do it all day, but his work inspires me to get out the pans at home again.
- My Dyeing Day – Another gal who dyes, sews, and I love to see the kids in their gorgeous outfits.
- Sewer-Sewist – the tag team duo of Sarah and Josh – they sew, they screenprint, and they are truly fun to read.
- The Slapdash Sewist – her work is beautiful and inspires me every time.
- Lastly, the cheeze factory. It’s not about the creative sewing or anything, but it is always serious fun. Besides, hubski sometimes contributes. It’s music – it’s good for you.