Sewing this month has been stop and go.
I originally planned to make me a lovely dress out of burgundy stretch velvet, and this pattern. I finished the dress with no fabric to spare, and then realized that it was much too low cut. Though, it looks good on my dress form, as long as I don’t take off her cover. Without her cover it resembles a hoochy mama ren-faire dress (excessive bra showing is not my idea of holiday cheer).
Forgive the graininess of the photo. Given that I had no fabric left to rework the front, and the use of a different fabric to fill in the issue seemed fruitless, this dress was scrapped. (If I make this again, I will be raising the front neckline approx. 3 inches – yes, friends, it was “that” bad.)
I then turned my sights to this dress pattern, and began anew with some purple rayon lycra. This was the first time I used the pattern, and made no modifications. Here is the result:
Next on the sewing table is a purse pattern from Square Rose. But, next on the blog is my foray into sewing with vintage patterns.